Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thankful Thursday: My Husband




"There is no more lovely, friendly or charming relationship, communion or company, than a good marriage." Martin Luther


Today is Day 5 in the husband encouragement challenge, God has given me a deeper love and appreciation for the man in my life. We have been through some really tough times and there have been times when we were not sure if we were going to make it, I praise God for His faithfulness. This morning I sit here at my kitchen table with my "love journal" watching my husband quietly sit on the couch preparing his heart and mind for 3 sermons for a youth rally this weekend... I am thankful...

Lord thank you for that day long ago that you set my heart on a boy, a boy that you new and created me for.

Lord thank you for the love that I have for him and that it continues to grow deeper and deeper each year.

Lord thank you for the perseverence to endure all of the HARDships with in our marriage and getting us through our first few years.

Lord thank you for the man, the new man that sits before me this morning.

Lord thank you for the faith you gave him that continues to grow daily.

Lord thank you for the heart that you gave him to serve you wholeheartidly and with passion.

Lord thank you for the zeal he has for the gospel of Jesus Christ, for his boldness and courage in proclaiming it daily.

Lord thank you for his love for his family, his deep unconditional love for his children and for me.

Lord thank you for his amazing sense of humor, that find me everyday.

Lord thank you for the little things...

his smile
his contagous laugh
his hard working hands
his mind
his caring heart
his down to earth out going personality
his continual humbleness
his passion to know God
his willingness to serve and please people almost to a fault :0)
his deep desire to please God and not man in speaking the truth
his heart for prayer, deep communion with God everyday.
his perseverence in studying the scriptures
his radical thinking and doctrine

Lord thank you for my marriage, for the opportunity to serve you in my calling as a wife in displaying the church in your ulitimate meaning for marriage.

Lord THANK YOU for the forgiveness tha daily reigns in our marriage and the ability to recognize that we are both sinners in desperate need of your grace and mercy and eachothers.

Lord thank you for your GRACE that you lavish us in everyday before we get up, after we get up, as we walk along the light of day, enter into the darkness of night and with each breathe we take.

The Lord is SO faithful and I just continue to, even through the toughest times, fall deeper and deeper in love with my husband. I pray that God will keep revealing himself to us and giving us his wisdom and more and more and more faith. May you be blessed today in your marriage.





Oh, God THANK YOU for my husband!! What a gift for me, strengthen him today and use me to build him up and encourage him to continue boldly serving You...

JOYfully in Him,
post signature

11 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you for sharing such a beautiful tribute to your husband.

Jules said...

Great pictures, Kelli ! Thank you again for doing this challenge. It's doing so much for my marriage (already!!)

Grammy said...

I am glad you have a great hubby to be thankful for. And you list is awesome.
Have a great week.
Grammy

Jerralea said...

Your post was beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us.

Laurie Ann said...

What a precious post and beautiful pics! I loved it! Happy Thankful Thursday.

Sarah Jewel said...

This is such a truly lovely tribute to your husband! Thank you for sharing this with the world. It's inspiring to me, to stop taking mine for granted! Happt TT!

June said...

I loved the things you said about
your husband...much thought has
gone into this post.

happy TT June

Marsha said...

Wow! What a wonderful tribute to your hubby! May your marriage continue to grow and flourish through His grace and for His glory.

Have a blessed weekend.

Diane Viere said...

What a beautiful tribute on this Thankful Thursday!

May your marriage continue to grow in happiness, love AND gratitude!

Happy TT!

Diane

cryssi said...

What a wonderful thankful list for your husband. And such good pictures.

Blessings
Crystal

Unknown said...

Hi Kelli,

This is the BEST post I have read all week. Your words of love for your husband honor him and Jesus. They also speak volumes of your character and heart for Christ. One of my favorite things to do is read praises for husbands. This is tops..

Thank you. You are a wonderful roll model for Christian women. Hugs, Lynn