Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day 12: Grace

"With all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love." Eph. 4:2


Part of the difficulty you may face as you continue in this 30-day challenge to encourage your husband is that you really are struggling to find positive things to praise. Perhaps the problem is not with your husband. Have you checked your own heart?

Sometimes we get disillusioned because of our own unreasonable or unrealistic expectations (Prov. 13:12). It may not be that our mates are doing something wrong; it's simply that we expect too much in some areas. Our expectations must be met in God alone, and then we will have the right perspective to ask God for the healing and grace we need to respond to others.

How sad that we give more grace to others than to those in our own homes. Today, try to look at your husband through eyes of grace. Verbally thank your husband for what he is already doing.
It is sad. I know that I tend to give more grace to others outside of my home. I know that I have set way to high standards for pretty much everyone in my home expecially me. I really needed this reminder this morning to look through a lens of grace today, giving my expectations to God.

I am praying for all of you and your marriages.

JOYfully in Him,
post signature

1 comment:

cryssi said...

OUCH! I am hurting this week, It has not been a good week as far as me encouraging my husband...Please pray that this next week goes better. Thank You so much again for doing this. I pray that your weekend has went well and that yall had a Happy Valentines Day!

Blessings
Crystal