Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 9: Admiration

We are often so busy speaking that we don't take time to listen. We are so quick
to offer a comment - negative or positive—that we don't really "hear" our
husband's heart. Remember: we have two ears and only one mouth. We need to
listen more!

As you continue in your 30-day challenge, not speaking
negatively and focusing on positive encouragement, hear the Lord's admonition
today: "Be swift to hear." If listening is a real problem for you, play a game
with yourself. See if you can listen to your husband for one whole day, only
speaking when asked a question. If your husband notices the difference, explain
that you are learning to listen more-not only to God, but also to him.
One
easy way to express admiration for your husband is to ask a question about
something he enjoys, and then listen to his response. If it's an area of
personal familiarity, keep asking questions until you learn something you didn't
know, then tell him, "Wow, I didn't know that!"


I will be honest... it is hard to "listen" sometimes exspecially when it is something that I have zero interest or am very ignorant of. I recognize that I really need to work on listening more to my husband and his interest even when it goes right over my head... my husband often likes to talk about theology and doctrine and his having a degree in this area I am a little behind and lacking in the ability to follow much less keep up... but I will try... how are you doing?

JOYfully in Him,
post signature

1 comment:

ByHISgoodGrace said...

I'm loving this challenge. I've sent it to many friends and sisters...and I'm getting good feedback. Whew, it's tough to look at myself but I'm realizing where I've been lacking...in many places!