Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day 10

We all crave appreciation. We want to know that we are valued and loved. Early love letters probably reflected our admiration, but if we're not careful, our spouse will forget why we were drawn to him. If you still have any of your old love letters, re-read them for clues to deepen your current level of appreciation for your spouse. When we spend time criticizing our husbands, we lose time that could be spent admiring them. As you consider various ways to encourage your husband, ask, "How can I admire him?"

Does your husband know that you think he is attractive? What was one of the characteristics in your husband that first drew you to him? Was it a physical characteristic, or something else?

Was it his gentle, compassionate eyes? Kindness or concern for others? An easy-going confidence? A steadiness that comes from trusting in the Lord? Strength of character in a culture that lacks integrity? Do you see at least a glimpse of that characteristic in him today? Whatever it is, tell him!


I know this is going to come out really wrong but.... WE ARE ONLY ON DAY 10! Why does it feel like it has been so much longer? :0) This is hard and I am not doing as well as I had hoped. I got attacked by this weekend being so full and stressful and now am having a hard time getting back up.

I need to spend some time in prayer today, over this challenge.

JOYfully in Him,
post signature

2 comments:

Ambrosia said...

I'm right there with you! Satan is trying hard. I'll be in prayer for you today also.

Anonymous said...

I AM NOT DOING WELL IN THIS CHALLENGE. WHAT STARTED OUT AS FUN IS NOT FUN ANYMORE! I WILL BE PRAYING FOR ALL OF US! PLEASE PRAY FOR ME! I HAVE STILL NOT VERBALLY SAID ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT HIM TO HIM OR ANYONE ELSE, BUT OH MY, THE THINGS I HAVE SAID TO MYSELF ARE HORRIBLE! AND I AM SURE MY BODY LANGUAGE HAS SPOKEN VOLUMES!
:.(
MAMA KAT