Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day 5: Praise Him

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers." Eph. 4:29


Another way to describe the positive side of this "30-Day
Encouragement Challenge" is by using the word "edify," which means, "to build
up." Negative comments only discourage and tear down. Positive comments
encourage and build.

Do you edify your husband before others, adding to
his value in their eyes? This is especially important to other family members.

Do you praise your husband to his relatives, and yours? Does your
husband's mother know how much you love him? How about your dad? Perhaps you can
drop a word of praise into a conversation or letter. Be creative in letting your
relatives know that you respect your husband, love him, and support him - in
spite of whatever flaws and weaknesses he may have.



Praise your husband! Not just to him but to others, find a creative way to edify him to others today. Look for the opportunities to do this. Let's praise our God today by praising our husbands, proclaim it to the world! MY HUSBAND ROCKS!! Check those out :0).

Also, let me encourage you of this. My friend and I were talking yesterday about this challenge and how praising our husbands and edifying him is easy in the way of talking him up, if you know what I mean... where we struggle in edifying him is in our daily responses and reactions to our husbands. I can very easily not choose my words wisely, corrupt communication is almost certain to come flying out of my mouth before I have consciously brought them to my mind and given them to Christ. I know this is not true for all of you but for some who share in this struggle let us intentionally let us give our words to Christ before we give them to our husbands.

JOYfully in Him,
post signature

6 comments:

Sarah Mae said...

Words are so important...and so hard to tame! I am leaning that what is beyond my words can be even more important - how I'm saying something, eye contact, body language, etc. I have a tendency to roll my eyes - so disrespectful!

Anonymous said...

I have already struggled this morning with being negative in my response to him. I prayed and quickly changed the tone of the conversation, but this is a real problem for me. I think this challenge is teaching me that I am alot more negative than I thought I was! ~~ Dena

Jules said...

My automatic response is to be negative. No disrespect intended, but my mother taught me that. It's a very difficult cycle to break but I am determined! :) I DO NOT want my husband to feel disrespected.

Ambrosia said...

I never thought of it in that way. Thank you for reminding us to give our words to God first.

ByHISgoodGrace said...

greatly appreciative that you are hosting...thank you so much Kelli.

changing lives there girly.

xoxo

cryssi said...

Being negative is a hard cycle to break. I have and still struggle with this alot. I know my marriage is a lot better when I am positive and uplifting to my husband.

Thank You
Blessings
Crystal..