Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day 7 & 8:

"Do not overwork to be rich; because of your own understanding, cease!
. . . for riches certainly make themselves wings . . ." Prov. 23:4-5

"That I may cause those who love me to inherit wealth, that I may fill their treasuries." Proverbs 8:21

Money is the root of much marital discord. Ask yourself, "Am I being negative toward my husband in the area of finances?" Determine not to speak evil of your husband in this area. Discover ways to encourage and help him instead.

Does your husband handle finances wisely? Does he make good financial investments, based on biblical principles? Does he have a budget? Does he make wise decisions about purchases—checking many sources before he buys? Is he a good steward of his money before the Lord? Let him know how much you appreciate his strengths in financial matters.

If he is weak in this area, encourage any good decisions that he does make. Perhaps you can help him, if he's open to the idea, by organizing financial files or providing other practical assistance. Or, if he wants you to handle the finances, ask for his input before you make decisions that will affect him.


Day 8:


How are you doing with the "30-Day Encouragement Challenge"? In case you've forgotten, here's the challenge:

You can't say anything negative about your husband . . . to your husband . . . or to anyone else, about your husband.
Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband. . . to your husband . . . and to someone else, about your husband!
". . . but who can find a faithful man?" Prov. 20:6b

Faithfulness is a wonderful but rare quality today, especially in regard to marriage. Do you understand how important this quality is? Your challenge is to continue to root out all negative speaking, and plant seeds of encouragement instead. You may be amazed at what will grow.

Contemporary culture often entices men to be unfaithful to their wedding vows and spiritual commitments. Appreciate your husband's faithfulness—how he is loyal to you. Let him know that you are glad he has "stick-to-it-iveness" in your marriage.

Appreciate his faithfulness to God. (If you have an unfaithful husband, this is a difficult area for you. Pray, speak the truth in love, remain faithful yourself, and discover ways to encourage faithfulness in your mate. The Bible says that husbands may ". . . be won by the conduct of their wives" [1 Pet. 3:1]. You may also want to seek counsel from a mature, godly individual or couple.)
We are on our way out the door this morning. My husband will be speaking at a local youth rally so we will be away for 2 days. I have some things that God has on my heart to express but it must wait until Sunday or Monday. I pray that in today and tomorrows challenge you will have victory over your tongue and only speak with wisdom. Enjoy your husbands and have a great weekend.

JOYfully in Him,

post signature

1 comment:

cryssi said...

Today was not that good of a day, I was negative and I did "nag". I did realize it and stopped myself and took quiet time to pray and reflect on what I was doing. My husband knows of this challenge so when he found me praying and asked what I was doing, he understood when i told him. And the bad thing was he was being so nice and helpful today despite being sick...So please keep me in prayers as I try to do better tommorow and next week...

Hope you have an enjoyable and uplifting encouraging weekend...

Blessings
crystal