Sunday, November 16, 2008

Seeing God

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible. Hebrews 11:1-3


I can not even begin to express the joy and gratitude I hold tightly in my heart for the awesome God I serve. He is so good and always faithful. Have you ever felt like you have basically "seen" God by how personally He intervenes in our lives as if He were to be walking amongst us. It is moments like these that were experienced today that I find myself utterly humbled and in awe of God and that I just realize that my Father in heaven is near and He cares for His children. Considering my sinful and self absorbed heart often straying far from His loving arms I am reminded of the true and living God that I serve. Today I was given a glimpse of the assurance I have and my faith was strengthened, may I never forget the warmth and tender touch of His hand as He so lovingly reached down into our lives today.

It appeared to be a normal Sunday morning as we went through our little routine. Everything went smoothely as we got dressed, fmixed hair, ate breakfast, put on our socks and shoes, packed our bag, located our bibles and kept up with the house. With 20 minutes left I long for a few minutes in meditation time so I put a movie that would help the kids focus their minds on God so that I could spend some time alone with the living word. As soon as daddy was ready we packed up and were on our way. Worship was divine and a sacred ceremony as usual... I am now at home waiting on my husband and oldest son to come home from feeding those that find themselves unable to do it themselves.

I don't know where you are in your faith but just know that where ever you are, whether dark clouds surround you, shadows follow you closely or you're in a place of solitude and lonliness... you are in the presence of your heavenly Father... He never leaves you nor forsakes you...

"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD you God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6



post signature

No comments: