Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Making our Homes a Haven: Cleaning

With homekeeping being my focus this week I thought I would share my daily/weekly cleaning schedule, the picture wouldn't work so here is the schedule...


Home Management Schedule:
Daily…

Morning
Swish and swipe bathroom
Make beds and put clothes away (where they go)
Clear sink
Light candles
Fold & Put away clothes

Evening
Vacuum, sweep & Mop
Shine Sink
Straighten House
Plan & Set up next school day
Wash Clothes

Weekly…

Morning
Playroom (Monday)
Bathroom (Tuesday)
Kitchen (Thursday)
Livingroom (Friday)

Evening
Hallway (Monday)
Boy’s Room (Tuesday)
Girl’s Room (Thursday)
Master Room (Friday)

Wednesday is a “Clean-Free” Day!!
Saturday is set aside for Outside & Window cleaning!!


I love it, it works for me and if I don't find the time to clean in the morning it is just added to the evening which is a little after 4:00, usually. And I love my Wednesday's being free :0). Monica is encouraging us to get busy and focus on Cleaning our home in our attempts to honor Him in Making our Homes a Haven, yesterday was Tidy Up(my update is coming). Today as I work diligently to balance being a teacher, mother and homekeeper I will find my strength from Christ who is my hope and my joy. It can becoming very overwhelming at times when I am being called to be all three at once and it is in those moments that I must focus on this idea of making my home a haven for my family.

This morning I had a brief moment of communion with the Lord before I drifted off to sleep on my couch. I woke praying again and then took some time to meditate on His word with a cup of coffee. The words that I will carry with me today are from Matthew 16:25 "Whoever loses his life for Me will find it"along with the thought of Elizabeth Elliot, "The only escape from self-love is self-surrender."

My list for today looks like this...

*Family Meditation and Dedication time
*School from 9:00-12:00 (Clean the Playroom when I find a chance)
*Lunch (Clean the Floor, moping and scrubbing)
*Reading Time for Littles ( Clean Living Room)
*Family Art
*Rest-Bible Study and Prayer with Superman
*Clean Bathroom
*After Rest and Bible Story/Snack time take time to Clean Boys room
*2 Loads of Laundry: washed, folded and put away!

For dinner we will have our favorite: Homemade Pizza with a Salad.

Something extra that I will hopefully have time to work on today is a Praise and Thanksgiving Jar for us to focus our heart each day.

JOYfully in Him,
post signature

2 comments:

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

I really like your cleaning schedule. I hope you had a blessed day!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Lilyofthevalley4/

Monica Wilkinson said...

Hope you had a great day!