Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Making our Homes a Haven: Cared for

Today as I strive to stay focused and work diligently in making my home a haven I will be reflecting on Jesus words remembered my Peter in Luke 22:61 “Before the rooster crows today, you will deny me three times.” And when His words drift through my mind I will pass them to my heart and think of my sin and how many times I have denied Christ with it today. And like Peter weep bitterly for my unbelief. I pray that the Spirit will gently guide me with His words and encourage and focus my eyes to walk obediently and more faithfully today in my high and holy calling.

Today’s challenge in making our homes a haven is taking care of some little projects beyond tidying and cleaning up. I could think of a thousand of these but right now I want to focus on these specific projects:

Making a Praise and Thanksgiving Jar
Make our Thankful Tree for Thanksgiving (have boys help)
Make a picture cd to get developed
Organize Craft box

Make motivational chart for boys
Organize 3 Cabinets (bathroom, medicine & entertainment center)

These will fit in and between our day:

*Family Meditation and Dedication time
*Breakfast
*School from 9:00-12:00 (be devoted)
*Lunch
*Reading Time for Littles
*Family Project (Thanksgiving activity)
*Rest-Bible Study and Prayer with Superman
*Work on Craft box
*After Rest and Bible Story/Snack time take time to Straighten up all rooms
*2 Loads of Laundry: washed, folded and put away!
*Bath for church
**Something that I can not forget to do today: send a birthday card to my grandfather (my adopted father)

Tonight for dinner we will be eating Pizza, not the homemade kind. Our church provides it every Wednesday evening from CiCi's. Last night we were blessed by a friend who prepared dinner for us, pork roast. It was amazing.

JOYfully in Him,
post signature

1 comment:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Your list looks great and how wonderful that a friend brought a yummy dinner last night! What a treat -