Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Leading them...

It is going to be one of those days, those days that are full of high expectations and long to do lists, one of those days that the littles are going to smell their mothers weakness as she stresses out. We are all getting ready to head out to Butterfly's doctor appointment this morning... I am anxious to see how big she has gotten. Today I prayed that I would be given the eyes to see His blessings and the heart to feel their presence. I know that they are not going to just stand out to me through out this day. I am going to have a lot of moments that are on the surface going to be difficult... Superman and T-Rex are going to test me and their sins are going to irritate me even more than usual because it is just going to be one of those days. I pray that in each of these challenges, I will beable to view them as wonderful opportunities to train them in His righteousness and not fall under my own sin. These are blessings in disguise these opportunities to train them... to lead them closer to the cross.

1. Today I am grateful for the opportunities that I am given to train my children not in my own stupidity wisdom but in His true wisdom and righteousness.


May this day bring you great blessings and may you beable to capture them and store them in your heart producing in you a truly grateful heart.

4 comments:

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

This is a wonderful way to pray. It's very often just those little annoyances that push us moms over the edge, you know. But if we can be mindful that our kids truly are blessings that we have for such a short time, I know it would help. Maybe one day I'll get there too!

Jules said...

I have been REALLY trying lately to stop and appreciate all the things that make my children such wonderful blessings. A lot of times I just have to "go out of my mind" for a little while to do so. (as my sister says)You should read her post on that. Thank you for sharing this, Kelli! It helps me a lot to know that I am not alone.

Blessings,
Julie

Jules said...

Here's the link to my sister's post: http://prayingmomof3.blogspot.com/2007/10/my-crazy-life.html Hope it helps you as much as it did me!

Julie

cryssi said...

They really are such blessings. I try to remember that everyday. Thanks for the comment on my blog. You are an encouragment also. Hope you have fun going out of your mind...I do. It's a blast.

Blessings
Crystal