Monday, January 7, 2008

Living Diligently with our Time

Here, then, is the real problem of our negligence. We fail in our duty to study God's Word not so much because it is difficult to understand, not so much because it is dull and boring, but because it is work. Our problem is not a lack of intelligence or a lack of passion. Our problem is that we are lazy.

R. C. Sproul

We each have been given the gift of time, a jar representing each God given day if you will, to fill, what is in your jar? Diligently live, seek Him in your day and glorify His name as you labor in love.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I just stumbled across your blog, and wanted to tell you how cool I think it is. Awesome thoughts from the Word--thank you for sharing them!
A blogger friend.... :-)

ByHISgoodGrace said...

love R.C.Sproul, thank you for leaving that quote. I never thought about it as filling a jar, hmmm, makes me think...

JavaMama said...

Thanks for visiting Sarah!

Katie... I have never read anything by Sproul, hubby has but I have listened to him and really enjoy his thoughts.