Friday, January 4, 2008

The Bible

But when I come into God's presence and hold His word in my hand, I feel so very ignorant, insignificant, and needy of His instruction. Further, I feel an incredible sense of awe that He would stoop to reveal the secrets of His heart to me. Surely such riches are worth whatever time, discipline, and sacrafice are necessary to mine them from His treasure store. (A Place of Quiet Rest, Demoss)

Oh that we would feel this way about the living word of God! The LIVING word of God. How we have become numb to the awesome fact that our bible is the WORD of God, it is His words spoken to us. Do you realize how blessed you are to own a bible and if your home is anything like ours you probaly own more than one. Imagine living deprived of the word, it is no where to be found. We have grown to take the abundance of the bible for granted, we do not know what it is like to be with out it. It has been apart of our lives since we began to know God and for some even before. Oh... do we realize how precious and infinitely valuble our bibles are! Listen to to the story of Mary Jones and Margaret Nikol and cherish your bible for what it is, the word of God living and active.

By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and by the breath of his mouth all their host.
Psalm 33:6

Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day.

Psalm 119:97

I want the heart of the Psalmist! Oh how I love your law! so much that I am willing to make the sacrafices needed just so that I may abide in it! If I must give up sleep so be it, it is well worth it.

1 comment:

Heart of Wisdom said...

Beautiful!

Thanks for sharing.

Happy New Year.