Thursday, April 24, 2008

~Thankful Thursday~

It is Thursday, a blessed Thursday. I have decided to join the Thankful Thursdays hosted by Iris and am hoping to make it a habit around here. The LORD is good to me and I want my heart to flow with thanksgiving and praise. At times it is hard for me to be "thankful" in the midst of the rain however hard it is coming down, it could be just a light drizzle or a heavy downpour but in either His goodness is the rain I want to focus on and dance in.

Lord... I am grateful for...

My Husband... for his willingness to give us a sliver of his time eachday, I know that he is struggling with all of the pressures of school right now and yet finds the time to stop to be with us, and I think I have taken these little slivers for granted.

My Superman... oh his growing sense of humor and creative ways to scare momma :0)

My T-Rex... his precious child like faith that has touched me so much this week

My Butterfly...her sweet little tongue kisses, I love them and all of the little games she plays with momma right before each nap and bedtime.

Your word... I can not imagine going a day with out it's guidance, with out Your word in my life I would be completely lost. Last night brother Marq ran out to my van holding it in his hands, "Is this your bible?". I can not tell you the emptiness I felt when I realized I had almost left it and would have been with out it for a week. I have other bibles at home but it is my personal one that I use. I take it for granted, just yesterday I read Hebrews 4:12 The word of God is living and active... it is ALIVE! Your word is living and active in my life and I love the way You always speak to me through it, sometimes it is as if I can feel Your breath through the words.

It is so amazing to be alive, to sit here and reveal my heart to you and to myself and to listen to the melodies outside my window this morning while all of my precious family still sleeps. May the Lord be near us this day, guiding us by His light and giving us a thankful path to walk in.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Happy TT to you,

So glad you decided to join us! I love the name of your blog, it drew me here.

Great list of thankfulness and your children are just adorable!

Blessings to you♥

Denise said...

Welcome to thankful thursday, so glad that you decided to join us. I really enjoyed your thankful list, bless you.

eph2810 said...

It is so true - some times we just rush through life without stopping for a moment. How wonderful that your beloved takes the time.
Yes - His Word is Alive and Active - I am grateful for that as well.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week - welcome to the Thankful Thursday 'bunch'.

Be blessed today and always...

Peggy said...

Bless you for sharing and joining our grateful hearts!

Your words are so beautiful and full of truth and goodness!

How aMazing is HIS LIVING WORD!

Praise God for your sweet thankful spirit!