Wednesday, April 23, 2008

His Faithfulness

If we have died with him, we will also live with him;
if we endure, we will also reign with him;
if we deny him, he also will deny us;
if we are faithless, he remains faithful
for he cannot deny himself.

2 Timothy 2:11-13

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:9

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

"The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therfore I will hope in him."

Lamentations 3:22-23


We have those days that we sit on our bed late at night reflecting on the many steps of disobedience and stumblings of our faithlessness. Last night was one of those for me. This morning I am deeply comforted by the awesome God we serve, for that even when His stupid sheep (ME) wanders away, stumbles and falls over her own feet He remains steadfast in His love and GREAT is His FAITHFULNESS. My heart rejoices in His goodness this morning as I ask for forgiveness and begin a new day:

"...choose this day whom you will serve..."

"The LORD my God I will serve, and his voice I will obey."


(Joshua 24:15 and 24- written as I "heard" it this morning)

2 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Thank you for this post

Robin said...

Praise God that His mercies are new every morning.