Friday, November 2, 2007

Come on what are you afraid of?

Are you ever afraid to pray? (After reading those thoughts typed out don't they sound faithless and immature?) Afraid of what might be your first initial reaction to this question, it was mine. Simply, afraid that God will do 1 of the only 2 possilbe things... either anwser the prayer or ignore it, but wait... there is only 1 thing He will do... and that is to ANWSER it... so I guess the real question is when God does answer your prayer and He will in fact do that, will it be the answer you were looking for or will it be the anwser you feared. I know that I am afraid of His will at times, of the pain that His will requires me to go through and that is neccessary for me to grow.

Mar 11:22-24
"Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
I know that I have to realize that if it is not in His will that it also will not be granted to me and I must hold onto faith and trust that His will is perfect and that He works everything together for good for those who love Him. There are so many things in this life that my heart desires and that I will lift up to the Lord in prayer and many of them will be left where they are because they do not conform to His will and some will and they will move forward and both will bring about His purposes. I know that I will wrestle with God for some of them as if my will is better than His and He will show me once again that He not only knows what is best but also that He and only He can so perfectly bring everything together.

So... let us not be afraid but joyful in prayer as we patiently wait and persevere in our requests.

Phillipians 4:6

do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

No comments: