Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Week in Service

Well we are in the last month or page of this chapter in our lives and I can feel the weight of moving on my shoulders. I am in a really strange place right now emotionally and struggling to gain control as life and time seem to speed away. This morning as I look out my livingroom window at the crimson red leaves He reminds me of His love and His peace, and I am thankful. Our moving date is getting closer and I have a lot of things I must start doing. This week my to do list feels overwhelming and undoable. Within my list lies His royal list for His servant. Growing Minds of Wisdom is taking the month off to focus our attention on moving and celebrating Christ as a family. This week I seek to serve a King with my life... here is my list...

Finish up all my crafts for women's craft sale. (by Wednesday)
Put up Christmas tree and decorations.(on Thursday)
Make laundry detergent. (today)
Wash 1 load of clothes a day.
Pay all bills and calculate expenses for move.(today)
Begin slowly packing unused clothes in littles room.(starting Wednesday)
Plan menu for this week. (today)
Follow family liturgies. (daily)
Be thinking about gift ideas.
Write Compassion child.(today)
Get T-Rex some no tie shoes.(probably Friday)
Make chore sticks.(maybe tonight)
Be consistent with discipline. (second-ly :0)
Clean boy's room and the girl's room. (Friday/Saturday)
Plan Christmas activities. (today)
Go grocery shopping. (today)

Father... may I give each day to your service... keep me busy... remind me to be conscious in joyful anticipation of Your return... give me peace in my moments of chaos... energy in my moments of exhaustion... allow me to have perspective when responding to my precious children and respect when speaking to my husband. I pray you will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus and reveal my priorities each blessed day you give me. May the gospel of Christ reign in each moment and may my hands be an extention of His grace and love to all those close to me... glory to You alone... in His holy name I pray...

Update:

Family Menu...

Tuesday: Hot Dogs with Homemade Fries
Wednesday: Pancakes, Hot Dogs with Chips, Pizza at church
Thursday: Eggs, Hashbrowns and Fruit, Tuna and Turkey Sandwiches with Chips, Black Bean Soup with Cornbread
Friday: Cinnamon Toast with Bacon, Black Bean Soup, Chicken Salad with rolls
Saturday: Cereal with Fruit, Leftovers, Crockpot Chicken, Potatoes and Brocolli
Sunday: Pumpkin Muffins with Malto Meal, Leftovers, Potato Soup with Cornbread

Desserts: Pumpkin Spice Bread and Cookies


This morning we quickly got ready and headed off to the grocery store for a fairly decent trip, no fits or major happenings. We went in and came out. It is now rest time so I will start crafting for an hour or more while the littles are quiet and sleeping.


JOYfully in Him,

post signature

1 comment:

cryssi said...

I will be keeping you in my prayers. Something I keep telling myself is something one of my friends told me. "The task ahead of me is never greater than the Power behind me" I love that. I also remember that He will not put more on us than we can bare...

I will miss reading your blog this month as it is an inspiration to me. But as things keep happening, I am more led to take a break also. So we will see.

I pray that your Holiday Season is full of Joy and Praise and that your move is accomplised without many trials. Let me know when you are back to posting..

Blessings
Crystal