Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Memory Verse with thoughts

Romans 11:34-36

"For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?" "Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?" For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

I read through Romans yesterday and it was such an amazing journey for me. I think it was the first time that I have read through a book so quickly, sad but true. I found it to be very benificial. Instead of just taking bits and pieces of the letter and applying it to my life I read it as it was, in complete context, a letter to the Roman church from Paul. The concern and love that Paul poured into this letter just soaked through the words. The letter still very much applied to me but I was able for once to see the whole picture... from beginning to the end. His concern was for Gentiles and Jew alike to understand God's plan of salvation, that righteousness comes from God through Jesus Christ, not by works but by grace.

Our memory verse for this week makes me stand in awe of our Mighty God, overflow with gratitude for His gift and brings me to praise! To Him be the glory forever! Amen.

Visit Sarah today for more encouragement in memorizing His word.

No comments: