Thursday, July 24, 2008

Things Revealed

It is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me. Galatians 2:20

Our trip to Galveston Texas has left me in a dark room of self examination.

Oh God, Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. Psalm 51: 10-12

He used this experience to bring me into a brokeness that I have never trully called my own.

The sacrafices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. Psalm 51:17
God has revealed to me some things within my heart that I have truly been ignoring and through this experience has brought them to the surface not allowing me to stomach them anymore.

If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10

I can not serve both sin and God, both self and Christ and I have been trying to live between them in my serving. I have only one master that I am a slave to and that is Christ and His righteousness.

But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. Romans 6:17

I long only to serve God and His righteousness, to live by the Spirit, to crucify the flesh, live for Christ, have an undivided heart, labor constanly in love, live consistently in devotion to the love of Him who died for me giving me daily breath and strengthening me to glorify and please only Him and no one else in this world.

"The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:6

JOYfully in Him,
post signature

1 comment:

cryssi said...

Praying for you and with you.

Crystal