Wednesday, February 13, 2008

V-Day Prep and Ideas

Today is going to be sorta rough. I fell ill yesterday after I thought I was over it, thank goodness Expresso was home. He is so quick to take care of me. I am going to be relying on the repulsive Day-Quil to keep my on my feet and off the couch shivering.

Valentines is just around the corner of this evening, once again it has snuck up right behind me. So today along side of our school subjects we will be preparing for Valentines day.

One project to do together today is a String of Hearts, simply and very cute. A Lesson, a coloring page and sharing thoughts about what it means to love while reflecting on many verses in the bible.

I have some ideas up my sleeves for the boys. Here is what I have planned:

Early Morning:

Trail of Kisses... I did this last year and it was a huge hit with my boys! Simply leave a trail of Hershey kisses onthe floor leading to the place of destination. I lead them to our kitchen table full of Valentines Day suprises. The loved it! I did just simply red plastic cups last year but I think I will do little red cones made out of construction paper instead decorated with their names on them.

Homemade Cards by Momma:

T-Rex... Your Dino Mite card, perfect for my little beastly boy who is obsessed with Dinosaurs.

Superman... V-alien-tine card, perfect for my little Astronomer.

Also at the table they will find these... Checks, along with these... coupons and for a breakfast some Red Heart-y pancakes topped with whipped cream and strawberries and bananas served with pink milk.

Devotional with activities: God First Loved You!

Games: Guess how much I love you! Fill a jar with little hearts and have family guess how many are in it early in the morning and then at the end of the day reveal the winner and their prize, a special candy and coupon of free time!

Lunch: We will have heart sandwiches with a pink smoothie of some kind.

Afternoon snack: Sweet Heart Crispy Treats, with hot chocolate, a good book and a Valentine coloring page.

Game: Valentine Cup Cake Walk

Dinner: Taquitos, oh so good! We all love these except T-Rex who doesn't like a whole lot other than PB and Honey :0). After dinner we reveal our winner, enjoy some family time and go out for an ice cream cone at Micky D's. End the day with lots of kisses and hugs.

No comments: